Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Black Impact

It would be fun to market products like this...Imagine the advertising possibilities!

Black seems to be a favorite for labels. I can understand it for the coffee and gum shown above, and mixed with words like silky, well that's just gold!

I'm a bit puzzled with the 'Black Impact' ad campaign for Seven Star cigarettes here, though. I don't know if it works as well for a product that literally leaves a black impact.

Every time I see this ad, which is on just about every other vending machine here, I'm reminded of a quote from 'Swingers':
"When I lived in New York they made it sound like they were giving sitcoms out to stand-ups at the airport here, you know? I've been here six months, all I've got to show for it is black lung." (Mike - Jon Favreau)

No comments:

Post a Comment