Saturday, February 7, 2009

If Only My First Name Started With A "Q"

Inspired by the blogs of my wife, LJ, her cousin, Seth, my fellow co-worker and friend abroad, A, and her boyfriend, M, I have decided to get my own blog up and running (Their blogs are really fun to read - I hope you check 'em out).
What's with the abbreviated names you ask? That, it seems, is the preferred method of protecting identities, which has quickly caught fire amongst LJ, A, and M on their respective blogs. How does it work? My name is Mike, so I get dubbed rather cleverly, M. Unfortunately, I think this blog and my profile have blown my cover.
The nicknames are pretty cool when you think about it. After all, M is also the code name for 007's boss in the Ian Flemming James Bond classics. I just wish my first name started with a Q. I am a huge fan of Bond, and being an engineer, the man behind all of Bond's cool gadgets, Q, is one of my favorite characters.
Oh, well. Fortunately, for the other M in this group, there have been three separate actors portraying M in the 007 movies, so we have a few options to choose from. I'm actually a huge fan of the most recent one, Dame Judy Dench.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget the other (significantly less cool) source for one letter names: Men In Black

    ReplyDelete