Friday, May 8, 2009

NBC Nightly News

I don't know how much of it is nostalgia...okay probably a lot of it...but there is something about hearing the music as the NBC Nightly News rolls in (or exits). You know, "dah dah dah da da da daaa daaa daaaaaaa."

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is what my parents had on in the background of my childhood every night around 7 o'clock. That might be why I find that sound so comforting. That, or the fact that I'm a little nostalgic for the good ol' days when news was what you got from the morning paper and the evening national TV broadcast.

While living abroad, we've found that the NBC Nightly News offers a free podcast of their show. So, if we're in the mood for a little 'un-biased' news from the States (or a little 'dah dah da da da'), we can watch the previous day's Nightly News while we eat dinner.

It's a good way to get our news and remind us of life back at home. And from what I've seen, I'd say Brian Williams is doing a pretty good job filling the shoes of Tom Brokaw. Of course, Brian Williams has yet to have an SNL character immortalize him like Dana Carvey did in this skit impersonating Tom Brokaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment