Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sonne Garden


I owe a shout out to our friends at Sonne Garden. This, of course, is the local organic grocery store where our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) box comes from every week. You can read about some of the interesting veggies and recipes that my wife has worked with from the contents of this box on her blog here. On occasion we are even given 'extra' fruits deemed too sweet for Japanese taste buds. It has really been a great store right around the corner from us for its location, friendly staff, and organic way of life.

Being on my own while my wife has been visiting family in the States, I have had to be more active in the kitchen and with the groceries. So of course, last week I forgot to pick up our CSA box as I thought we had skipped a week. Never fear, though. Our friends at Sonne Garden hunted me down through friends in my office. I felt terrible that I had forgotten our box on Monday, so when I went in to pick it up on Wednesday I was very apologetic. To my surprise, I was given a discounted rate because the veggies were 2 days old (mind you it was my fault). However, as I was leaving one of our friends, the owner, came running out to replace some of the greens and potatoes that I just received a discount on with fresh ones. Amazing!

Thanks for taking care of me Sonne friends! You guys always have a smile and are always open to helping your community. In a world that seems to be increasingly moving faster and where everyone seems more apt to find and maintain friends in online communities, this is one relationship that I'm proud to have in the 'real world' and in my community. Sometimes it pays to slow down and be involved in your community, and our friends at Sonne garden are a good reminder of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment