Wednesday, March 17, 2010

30 for 30


Contrary to the T-Shirt in the photo, I'd say Haikus are not always easy.  At least not in this case.  After months of planning, organizing, begging, reminding, and I'm sure quite a few road bumps, my wife pulled off a wonderful birthday surprise.  30 Haikus from 30 of my friends and family to celebrate my 30th birthday, and all presented in a beautiful hardcover book form.

Honestly, I was blown away by it.  All of the work, all of the support, and all of the individual touches from all of the participants brought a smile to my face.  Each Haiku was presented in the authors' original handwriting or creative approach along with a photo from our time in Japan.  I am grateful to my wife for organizing all of the responses and putting together such wonderful photos in this book.  I am also grateful for everyone that participated giving me quite a lot to be happy about!

As a token of my appreciation I feel it only fair to reply in Haiku form:

Thirty years gone by
USA, Japan, the world
Everywhere Love

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the book in person! See you guys very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete